The Voleer Microsoft Teams Assessment provides an in-depth report across your Microsoft Teams environment with detailed information including team owners, channel members and underlying SharePoint site URL. In most cases, the information can be accessed using delegated read-only Global Administrator permissions, however, file size information can only be accessed using an Azure application.
The following provides steps on creating an Azure application within your Azure Activity Directory environment for your Voleer Microsoft Teams Assessment.
- Log into the Microsoft 365 admin center with your Global Administrator credentials.
- On the left navigation, click Show all
- Click Azure Active Directory
- On the left navigation, click All Services
- In the service list, click Azure Active Directory
- On the Azure Active Directory sub navigation, click App registrations
- Click New registration
- In the textbox for Name, enter Voleer Azure App for Reporting and leave the rest of the form at its defaults
- Click Register
- Click Overview on the left navigation for the new app registration created
- Copy the Application (client) ID value and keep it for reference later. We recommend pasting it into a text editor for future reference. If you hover your mouse over the value, an icon will appear which you can click to copy the value to your clipboard
- Along the left navigation, click Certificates & secrets
- Click New client secret
- Enter a description and leave the expiration at the default of 1 year
- Click Add
- Click the copy icon next to the new secret value. We recommend pasting it into a text editor for future reference. Once you navigate away from this page, the secret value cannot be retrieved, so if you lose it, you will need to create a new secret value and remove the old value
- Along the left navigation, click API permissions
- Click Add a permission
- Click Microsoft Graph
- Click Application permissions
- Expand Files and check the Files.Read.All checkbox and then click Add permissions
- Click on the Grant admin consent for [YOUR TENANT NAME] then select Yes