The Voleer library contains templates that integrate with Zendesk. In order for those templates to access Zendesk information, you will need to provision credentials for Voleer. We recommend using an API token as the benefits include:
- Not requiring additional licenses for Voleer access
- Dedicated credentials that only Voleer uses as an IT best practice
- Sign in to your Zendesk administrative portal
- Select Settings from the navigation menu
- Select the API submenu within the Channels section
- Enable Zendesk for Token Access (if you haven't already enabled it as it's disabled by default)
- Create a new token by clicking Add API Token
- Enter a name for the token. i.e. Voleer
- Copy your token. Once you exit this screen, you will not be able to retrieve it again.
- Finally click Save
- You should now see your new API token in the Active API Tokens list
In order to use your token, specify the username as email@example.com/token where firstname.lastname@example.org is the email address of a user that has the Administrator role assigned. The password will be the token that you just created.
Please sign in to leave a comment.