A workspace is a grouping of automation objects including:
- Files created by automations
- Scheduled jobs
- Template configurations
Think of a workspace as a folder. It allows you to organize these objects by grouping them together for future discovery, auditing and management.
Here are some ways in which you might want to use workspaces:
- Create a workspace for individual IT personnel - This allows you to view automations that you manage and run.
- Create a workspace for a regional team - This allows you to have team level management of automations by grouping them together.
- Create a workspace for each customer you manage - If you are an IT Service Provider, this allows you to organize automations you are operating on behalf of your client
- Create a workspace for each department - This allows you to manage automations for departments within your company.
There is no right way or wrong way to use workspace. It all depends on how you manage technology for your team or organization.